Istanbul Street Life

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited May 14, 2013 in Street and Documentary
Just got back from Istanbul, great trip and this is my first edit so far. C&C always welcome!

8731917746_a93d9e130c_b.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2013
    There's a lot here for me to like, least of which are the great colors/light in that part of the World!
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    Yeah, I like that one. Looks a lot like other countries big cities in their streets.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    A fine shot! love Istanbul, the markets, street and people. Real.ly nice handling of light.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    like the feel of the narrow crowded street. do not like the processing with the blue cast on everything...
  • FloodFlood Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 14, 2013
    Great street scene. Istanbul may be one of the best photog destinations in the world; I went there in April and loved it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 14, 2013
    rainbow wrote: »
    like the feel of the narrow crowded street. do not like the processing with the blue cast on everything...
    The color is certainly stylized, but not unpleasant to me. I like the shot.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    What am I supposed to be looking at, apart from the light and color ?
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    Thanks for the comments, appreciate the kudos.
    lensmole wrote: »
    What am I supposed to be looking at, apart from the light and color ?

I might attempt a redux to focus on the actual street level activity a bit more. There is a lot going on in the street as well (love the kid playing with the soccer ball for instance). To each their own though thumb.gif
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    bike21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments, appreciate the kudos.

I might attempt a redux to focus on the actual street level activity a bit more. There is a lot going on in the street as well (love the kid playing with the soccer ball for instance). To each their own though thumb.gif

It would be nice to see some more images that say something about Istanbul and the people who live there or depict it it in some manner,but to me this is just a snap shot of someplace you were at .
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 14, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some more images that say something about Istanbul and the people who live there or depict it it in some manner,but to me this is just a snap shot of someplace you were at .
    I'd like to see more as well, but there are a few things here that tell you you're not in Kansas--the narrowness of the street, the apparent lack of sidewalks, the laundry hanging over the street, the overall density of life. I find it a more interesting introduction than yet another shot of the Blue Mosque. But, yes, more would be good. thumb.gif