Engagement shot.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited May 14, 2013 in People
Went back to Pittsburgh for Mothers Day and tried to do an engagement session with my niece and future husband. Was only able to do a few as the temp was about 45 and we were almost blown over the hill in the wind. The session lasted about 5 min.

Wish I had a pullback but everyone ran for the car as soon as I said OK. Used a single flash unit in a small softbox.

i-xvpPr3K-XL.jpg

Comments

• michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    I'm really diggin this shot Hack, but I think you pushed the colors a bit too hard. The blacks look a little too crushed, as you lose some detail in their eyes. Also it looks like you saturated the blues a little too much in the background. It's coming off as slightly pixelated on my monitor. But besides the processing, I am enjoying the pose! Nice capture :D
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    Thanks, Michael. For some reason I'm into an HDR phase as well as pushing the clarity slider. I didn't want it tooo prettttty.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    OK, one without HDR, well maybe just a tad.

i-cmbkvJG-XL.jpg
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    I like the second better. The first one is good as well, but I think it needs less like the second one or much more so that its totally surreal. As it is its kinda in the middle.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    The first one is different and I like it.
  • MarcigMarcig Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    I agree with Dreadnote, though I do kinda like the first one too. I admit though the first thing I thought of when I saw it was "this looks like one of those poses that married realtors would do". :)
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    sorry but you lost me on the 1st shot..colors and tones are killing it for me. Also the guys "lean" is a bit severe.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com