Options

Challenge 53, giraffe reflected in piano?

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited December 6, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
i was just playing around with a camera a few days ago really, came up with a giraffe and a piano :D any thoughts?
46293337-M.jpg

Ivar

Comments

• Options
    illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    Use it in the challenge, its deffinitely something different and the photo is very clear. Nice !
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    ivar wrote:
    i was just playing around with a camera a few days ago really, came up with a giraffe and a piano :D any thoughts?
    46293337-M.jpg

Ivar

im not sure if my idea would work but what about suspending some kinda "tree" above so it looks like the giraffe is eating leaves but you would only see the tree and leaves in the reflection...... im not sure if its even possible but since you r playing around maybe it would work???

troy
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2005
    I like that idea Troy, played around with it for a bit. Even though the reflection of the tree (the only plant-like thing i had which had a good size) is a real reflection, it looks a little fake almost, but i am not done trying yet...
    46995428-M.jpg

or a maybe a more cropped version? i think i like that better with the tree.

47178557-M.jpg

Ivar.
  • Options
    babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    What about Flowers? Maybe a nice red rose. If you can get a shot of the Piano Keys with a red rose on top of the piano Focusing more on the rose and its reflection. Just an idea
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • Options
    helmet155helmet155 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    How cool, your very own pre-challenge challenge!

I like the giraffe the subject is a little cheesy (a toy) but the reflection and composition is neat.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2005
    helmet155 wrote:
    How cool, your very own pre-challenge challenge!

I like the giraffe the subject is a little cheesy (a toy) but the reflection and composition is neat.
    Well, i tried a real giraffe, but it wouldn't sit still long enough :D but yeah, it might be a little cheesy. It really is kind of a challenge to myself aswell. I only recently have gone (back) to photography, and sofar have made only this type of photos. So i wanted to try something different, a small subject, and an arranged setting. Like i said before, just playing around.

What exactly do you mean with the flowers, babybluetx23? you mean instead of the tree? or a completely different picture, without the giraffe? (I like Arlington btw, nice place)

Thanks all you guys for taking the time.

Ivar.
  • Options
    babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    Yeah insted of the Girrafee try flowers, or a rose reflecting in the piano with the piano keys in the Background. What may work better is a white rose or a white flower if you can get one.....Dont get me wrong, I like the shot.......Was just giving another alternative to the girrafee since it is kind of dark colored and doesnt reflect as well on a black surface as a light colored object would.
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • Options
    AndymanAndyman Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    Ivar,

I personally really like this one:

47008741-M.jpg

If you could do that maybe on a pretty reflective, wood floor... I think it'd be pretty sharp thumb.gif. I like the angle and the light better.
    I also think your latest version would look better with a black border (with maybe a thin white line around the photo itself. Know what I mean?)
    Nikon D50
    Tamron AF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD
    Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical
    Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor
    Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2005
    Yeah insted of the Girrafee try flowers, or a rose reflecting in the piano with the piano keys in the Background. What may work better is a white rose or a white flower if you can get one.....Dont get me wrong, I like the shot.......Was just giving another alternative to the girrafee since it is kind of dark colored and doesnt reflect as well on a black surface as a light colored object would.
    Maybe the flower will work better, but i don't think i will be able to get any shot with the keys in the background and a reflection of the flower at the same time. (i have one of those standing up pianos, so once you open the lid to see the keys, there is not much surface area anymore to create reflections close to the keys.) But i will try something, i think the white of the flower might look very nice on the black of the piano, thanks.
    Andyman wrote:
    Ivar,

I personally really like this one:

47008741-M.jpg

If you could do that maybe on a pretty reflective, wood floor... I think it'd be pretty sharp thumb.gif. I like the angle and the light better.
    I also think your latest version would look better with a black border (with maybe a thin white line around the photo itself. Know what I mean?)
    I see you found some of my other pictures. And i do like that picture myself actually. I have a wooden floor, but i don't really feel like getting it to shine to a point i can see a reflection in it. Especially since i will need to do the whole floor then :D

Black border you want? black border you get. Man, am i easy-going. I made it pretty small, i am not a fan of big borders. It does work out nicely actually. Thanks.
    47299650-M.jpg