Options

Meet Dana, the forest nymph [lifestyle/editorial] - MG Collab Part Two

michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
edited May 29, 2013 in People
Dana is a forest nymph that we came across at Double Trouble State Park. She loves to have her picture taken, and also enjoys PB & J sandwiches.

Many thanks to these wonderful people:

Make up artist: Cady Grossman
Second Photographer: Stan Stolowski
Assistant: Laura Tedeschi

If you haven't seen it already, check out part one.
You can check out the rest of this session on my blog

Here are some of my favorites:

1. 5233521_orig.jpg
2. 5677621_orig.jpg
3. 4314116_orig.jpg
4. 2497529_orig.jpg
5. 5908314_orig.jpg
6. 8157062_orig.jpg
7. 8660733_orig.jpg
8. 1169820_orig.jpg
9. 8857007_orig.jpg
10. 9521323_orig.jpg
11. 641701_orig.jpg
12. 1410774_orig.jpg
13. 8935272_orig.jpg
14. 7899283_orig.jpg
15. 2051812_orig.jpg

And yeah, she really does love pj & j's LOL

1297633_orig.jpg
wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com

Comments

• Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2013
    Nice set.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2013
    You are my flare and backlighting hero - you nailed it! And the last one cracks me up - hilarious :)
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2013
    delicious stuff! Although your use of flare is wonderful, imo flare should be "spice" not the "meat". In shots 1 and 11 the flare is actually almost taking over the shot. okay and one other small nit..posing is great but I'd like to see some more shots where she is not straight on too the camera. While the straight on shots you present are well done, I think there is even more potential for posing when not so straight on.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2013
    I really like this style. You handled the setting wonderfully and the pp matches the idea for my taste. #13 is just wonderful.
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2013
    Tinstafl wrote: »
    Nice set.

Thank you! :D
    divamum wrote: »
    You are my flare and backlighting hero - you nailed it! And the last one cracks me up - hilarious :)

Haha! Seriously, the flares here worked so good. I had to include that last shot too.. I felt so bad. It got fairly cold towards the end of the shoot (48-50F) and she had goosebumps pretty hard after taking a plunge into the lake. She totally deserved that sandwich, and the reaction is just priceless!
    Qarik wrote: »
    delicious stuff! Although your use of flare is wonderful, imo flare should be "spice" not the "meat". In shots 1 and 11 the flare is actually almost taking over the shot. okay and one other small nit..posing is great but I'd like to see some more shots where she is not straight on too the camera. While the straight on shots you present are well done, I think there is even more potential for posing when not so straight on.

Thank you Qarik! I have to say, flare depends what you are going for. For this set in particular, I wanted the flare to be more prominent because of the whole "forest nymph" idea. It gives it that magical forest feel ya know? In these cases, flare worked to my advantage to give it that magical feel.

I'll definitely take your advice on some fresh new posing. Need to do my homework for sure! Thanks again.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I really like this style. You handled the setting wonderfully and the pp matches the idea for my taste. #13 is just wonderful.

Whoah Hack! You actually like one of my sets?! I'm used to it not being your cup of tea, but I'm glad you enjoyed this set. It was a lot of fun. As for PP, I was alternating between 3 presets I developed specifically for this shoot. thumb.gif

Thank you all for checking this set out. Definitely one of my favorites. I still have one more set left, and the collaboration will come to a close. As an artist, it has been scary, exciting, and rewarding to work with others, set a goal, and accomplish it. If anyone is ever interested in doing a collaboration, I'm always down for ideas. Just shoot me a PM, and we can make it happen.
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Options
    DangerchrisDangerchris Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2013
    1 and 10 are my favorites.
    ---
    Chris
    www.chrisskrod.com Portfolio site for Portrait Photography
    www.chrisskrod.smugmug.com My general photo sharing site.
    www.instagram.com/chrisskrod Instagram
  • Options
    kd5fexkd5fex Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2013
    Great set of shots. Looks like an effortless session...
    Gallery - http://kd5fex.smugmug.com

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anway" ~ John Wayne
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2013
    nice processing!