The Essential Dress

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited May 17, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2013
    I like this a lot starting with the connection between the subject and title (but I do not like the title because it gives away the joy of discovery). Placement of subject and composition is spot on. I do not like your recent processing decision to "block" the dark details (turning them black), but it is okay here except for losing the separation between the guy with the drink and the building.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 17, 2013
    I like it, too.

Maybe you've already tried this, but if not, you might want to go back there and explore the possibilities that the Look Here and arrows bring to mind. I can imagine a number of shots if you have the patience to stand around and wait.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2013
    rainbow wrote: »
    I like this a lot starting with the connection between the subject and title (but I do not like the title because it gives away the joy of discovery). Placement of subject and composition is spot on. I do not like your recent processing decision to "block" the dark details (turning them black), but it is okay here except for losing the separation between the guy with the drink and the building.

Your input is greatly appreciated Rainbow! I have been re-evaluating your points about the blacks and will certainly be making some changes in this regard. It is a welcome pleasure to see you posting again. Hope to see some pics soon. Sorry about the title .
    Richard wrote: »
    I like it, too.

Maybe you've already tried this, but if not, you might want to go back there and explore the possibilities that the Look Here and arrows bring to mind. I can imagine a number of shots if you have the patience to stand around and wait.

Thank you Richard! Your idea is definitely worth exploring. My schedule has allowed some unstructured free time lately but that is about to change in the immediate future, so I am afraid there may not be another opportunity, before it is too late.