Studio Lights Take #2

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
edited May 19, 2013 in People
Yesterday, I was able to spend a couple of hours playing with my new studio lights. This was my second time ever using a studio lighting set-up. (My first time with studio lights was a couple of weeks ago--thread & images here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=234441).

This time, one of my professional photographer friends came over to help me out a bit. Our "victims" were my daughter and a couple of her friends. Since they are all graduating in a couple of weeks, the theme ended up being graduation/cap & gown shots again. The young man was a bit stiff in front of the camera and my daughter was a bit grumpy about having to get up early, but we still had a good time.

For this shoot, we had the main light (AB800 with softbox) on my right, a fill light (AB800 with diffuser cover) on my left (& up higher and further back than before), and a third light on the background.

So, are these results any better than my first attempt?

1. Reagan (Yep...same ol' wrinkled background--a fold-up reflector with a black cover)
i-Zmnk3QG-L.jpg

2. Another of Reagan
i-nhTDLsr-L.jpg

3. Reagan, Noah, & Krista. I don't think Noah minded being photo-bombed by two pretty girls!
i-dnj76ZK-L.jpg

4. Strike a pose
i-2JJSMqg-L.jpg

5. Noah
i-mGfVRwm-L.jpg

6. Plain vanilla headshot
i-tWppdmR-M.jpg

7. I had Noah seated on a stool with one leg propped. I don't think I like this pose in the cap & gown.
i-WZR8Xwc-L.jpg

8. My daughter
i-7K3dJmZ-L.jpg

9. Tried to get a class ring shot
i-JFxdKT5-L.jpg

10. My sweet kitty Abby had to be in the center of the action
i-5phWTQ4-L.jpg

11. Last one for now...Reagan is a competitive dancer so we also did shots in her dance costumes. Here's one of my favorites.
i-8FBhtkR-L.jpg

I still have a lot more photos from this shoot to go through, but this is all for now. I am always open to feedback and critique, helpful hints, etc. Thanks for looking.

Sherry

Comments