Options

New wordpress site

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited May 24, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2013
    I am not sure what you mean when you say"Wordpress" It looks like a SmugMug site?

Here is one thing that seems a little strange. When I click on the link provided I get a home page with a wide image window and the window has vertical and horizontal lines going over the image slideshow.

If I visit the gallery section and then return to the home page the image window is about half the size of the original window size and there are no lines.

I am viewing this on Firefox.

Sam
  • Options
    ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    I just revamped my webpage: http://www.joshhuntphotos.com/

Very nice Josh! Is that a SmugMug site?
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited May 19, 2013
    I wasn't able to find a way back to your home page from your smug galleries page. I found it a bit disconcerting that the home link on your galleries page does not appear to be connected to the home page of your full site.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2013
    As above - plus all the photo galleries I looked at had settings that allowed people to steal your high res images. (Since you have a "buy" option on these galleries, I am assuming you do not want to give them away?)
    You need to read Denise's treatise on protecting your photos:
    ORIGINALS = a gateway to free photos, & right click protection is NOT PROTECTION.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2013
    Sam wrote: »
    I am not sure what you mean when you say"Wordpress" It looks like a SmugMug site?

Here is one thing that seems a little strange. When I click on the link provided I get a home page with a wide image window and the window has vertical and horizontal lines going over the image slideshow.

If I visit the gallery section and then return to the home page the image window is about half the size of the original window size and there are no lines.

I am viewing this on Firefox.

Sam

Sam, a Wordpress site is it's own website built by the consumer, you only pay for the wrapper once and the hosting fees... usually via hostgator....

I myself did a new Wordpress site, but the images I upload are minimal resolution and watermarked... my site for example is at Prismatic Imagery. There are a lot of plug in's and goodies in Wordpress, but it's not as easy as SM.....

I like the site overall, it's a good job - good luck

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2013
    I wanted to take a look at your site, but it isn't working at all tonight. I'm getting a '500 internal server error'. Seems like a possible WP database issue?