Options

Wow Flickr!

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited May 23, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
Holy cow, amazing announcement from Flickr. They now offer 1TB of photo storage, free. Get a pro account, and no ads. Simple. The new layout is nice, and with sets, look much like galleries in SM, and not unlike 500px.

hmm, this is very interesting. Of course, no customization....

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/20/flickr-gets-a-huge-revamp-with-hi-res-image-filled-ui-new-android-app-and-1tb-of-free-storage/

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2013
    I've never really used it since the interface was so bad. It just never enticed me enough to give it a go with its proper due with my time.

This new design and such does look great from the screenshots. At work right now so I can't test the desktop version, but the mobile app is solid and I love browsing it.

Of course the 1tb of storage with full resolution support, modern design and mobile friendly, it's enough for me to spend some time and give it an honest trial.

It still has a large community, so being able to tap into that for networking, meeting new people and possible business opportunities would be great.

I'm liking the changes Yahoo has made so far with their Mariska Mayer as CEO, so I also want to show my small part of support by using the services I'm happy with now.
  • Options
    juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2013
    I think they have done a great change to the interface, and of course they have many (external) tools to run a portfolio but I don't think they have enough features like Smugmug.
    What I really like is the social part they have to share your photos, a very easy and intuitive interface like 500px.
    That's something I miss and need from Smugmug.