Options

Password Protection - Large Groups

RobbRichardsonRobbRichardson Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited May 22, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi, All -

I've recently been contracted to shoot a large, national dance competition.

One of the requests that I received was about "password protecting" the pictures so that only people affiliated with a particular studio could view/purchase photos of girls from that school (for obvious reasons).

In the competition, the performers are called to stage with a statement like, "Dancer #175 is from Studio F." The studios aren't identified in order to help eliminate bias. With all of this, I know that I can just keep a running log of which images are associated with a particular studio. I can simply set up galleries for each studio and give the owner the unique password. It's a little cumbersome - but doable.

The challenge arises for the "specialty groups" that will be occurring in the days leading up. For example, there will be 50 girls in a specific dance company that is formed just for the event. That dance company will be comprised of girls from many (if not all) of the studios mentioned above. Unfortunately, most of these images will with them together both in performance and candid shots - which means there is no opportunity to associate them with their specific studios. Just having a single password for each of these "specialty groups" would mitigate most of the risk - but not all.......

I'd love to hear from any of you on how to allow for the sales of images from these types of groups, while still trying to prevent the above-mentioned situation.

Thank you!