Options

My Nikon D7100 review

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited July 1, 2013 in Cameras
I got the chance to do a review of the D7100 for photographyreview.com. I think I had one of the first ones in the country and started pushing it pretty hard to see what it could do as soon as I got it. It has some serious pluses that come along with a few serious minuses. But for the money it might be a hard camera to beat.

Check out my review here: http://reviews.photographyreview.com/nikon-d7100-review

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2013
    Useful review, Rob. Thanks.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2013
    Icebear, you have one too right?
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2013
    Yes. I wrote a little comment on your review to the effect that I too found the D7100 a little frustrating, but that it was certainly the best $1200 body ever. I found the same focus issues you did, plus I've had to do a lot of micro-adjusting of focus for all my lenses. Maybe I got a body that wasn't very carefully put together, but it was front-focusing. I need to get some more miles on it, but I fell back to the D3s (well, duh) for soccer and lacrosse. Now that those HS seasons are over for my local teams, I can start playing more with the D7100.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2013
    When it nails focus it is awesome. Super awesome. But how to get it to do it consistently? Maybe it is because mine was one of the first shipped?

The noise levels are amazing too. Maybe better than the 700? Not sure yet.
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2013
    Bump
    Icebear wrote: »
    Yes. I wrote a little comment on your review to the effect that I too found the D7100 a little frustrating, but that it was certainly the best $1200 body ever. I found the same focus issues you did, plus I've had to do a lot of micro-adjusting of focus for all my lenses. Maybe I got a body that wasn't very carefully put together, but it was front-focusing. I need to get some more miles on it, but I fell back to the D3s (well, duh) for soccer and lacrosse. Now that those HS seasons are over for my local teams, I can start playing more with the D7100.

Just wondering how the D7100 has been treating you?

And any thoughts people have had about it's video quality.