Options

Boudoir Advice

RiaLouiseRiaLouise Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited May 25, 2013 in People
For several years I have done boudoir photography and I have had some challenging shoots but today I hit a wall. I was shooting a wedding and the bride wanted to do a boudoir session. Typically we would schedule it separately and shoot it before the day of but this bride insisted on shooting it day of. We asked her to make sure she blocked about an hour to do the session, she gave me 15 minutes do shoot 3 looks. I had a very difficult time getting her comfortable and relaxed for the photos. I am looking for advice on how to prevent this from happening a again. If you should boudoir what is the minimum time you feel you need and how do you quickly get someone comfortable with you? :huh
*RiaLouise Warner*
Peace, Love and Memories

Comments

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2013
    Liquor. Shooting day of wedding is a bad idea for something like this.
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2013
    Be optimistic regardless of the situation. Be personable and make her laugh & smile. Let her know she is doing great. If you do catch a winner early in the set, show her so she builds confidence throughout the set. The most important part with any shoot IMO is to make sure your client feels relaxed & confident. Good pictures will follow.
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com