Options

not sure where to put this...

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited May 27, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am attempting the following and trying to find out if it is even possible...

i would like to hand out cards at an event inviting guests to come to my site to see and hopefully buy prints etc.

if i send them to my site...www.reflectivephotoworks.com is there a way to have them enter into some kind of a search box a bride or grooms name that will bring them to that gallery? if so, does the gallery have to be public or can it remain unlisted? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2013
    The easiest way would be to just set up an event in the account settings > business > making money section. Public events have an easy to remember address:
    yoursite.com/event/NameOfEvent
    If you decide to make an event unlisted, there would be a string of characters added to the event url prevent anyone from guessing the link.
    Visitors to the event could also register to be able to pick their favorite photos. Favorites would also be visible to you as the account owner.

For more details on events, check out this page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2013
    thanks, seeems easy enought and should work for me, however when setting up an event with a gallery this is what I get when i goto the url...any idea why?
    We know you're on the edge of your seat, but there are currently no galleries for this event.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2013
    An event requires you to assign galleries to an event for visitors to be able to browse those galleries. While editing the event, you can choose which galleries you'd like to include in the event.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero