Options

Aperture Blades fallen out

xdragon124xdragon124 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 29, 2013 in Accessories
I have a 85mm 1.8D and for some reason, a few of the aperture blades have fallen out completely off the aperture rails (not sure if that is what its called, but essentially the thing that holds the aperture blades together).

Anyways, does anyone know how I could fix this?

I was thinking of opening up the lenses and reattaching the aperture blades, but I don't have any instructions on getting that deep... or even opening up the lens. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited May 28, 2013
    There are no user serviceable parts in camera lenses. Disassembly requires specialized tools and it's likely that the failure is the result of part fatigue, meaning that some replacement parts are likely indicated.

I highly recommend that you return the lens to an authorized Nikon service center. They should give you an estimate before any repairs, so you get to decide if you want to go ahead with the repairs or not.

Edit to correct manufacturer name.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    xdragon124xdragon124 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2013
    Hey Ziggy,
    Thanks for the heads up.

Nikon says its a flat fee of $250 for repairs (plus whatever other fees...) and after tax, thats more money then how much I got the lens for haha.

Thanks again!