Options

Maternity - Posing/Lighting help!

ajroahkniajroahkni Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited June 10, 2013 in People
One of my good friends is like 7.5 mos preg.

We did some shots this weekend, total ghetto setup w/ three flashes.

I think the shots came out pretty, but I've got like a month or so to work on them (and then it's "Newborn - Posing/Lighting help!" time) Your comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

i-wxhFGMV-XL.jpg

i-9GscMxM-XL.jpg

i-kdvp3tq-XL.jpg

i-kr9cRH6-XL.jpg

i-2XRPVt6-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2013
    I don't shoot maternity, so take with a grain of salt...

Lighting I think is mostly fine - some hotspots here and there (move your lights back a little, or turn down power?) but overall acceptable.

Main thing I'd change would be the scarf you're using as a bandeau - might be an idea to use a real bandeau, or crop top or, if fabric, something a little more moveable that could be tide elegantly.

Just my 2c - have fun with the next round! thumb.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    technically decent. one posing tip..her head angle in a few shots..it goes the wrong way. 1 ,2 and 4 (4 is not so bad really). if the head tilts the other way all of sudden she looks less "detached" and the whole shot seems more intimate.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    ajroahkniajroahkni Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    THanks Folks! Will work on the lighting and the head tilting - I never thought of what to wear, but that makes sense as it gives such a distracting frump to it. Now that you mention it, Diva, I can't stop looking at it....it's wrinkly.

Funny you mention detached-ness, Qarik. Her bf was off to camera right for these shots and I told her to look over at him lovingly but then let the thought "YOU F-ING DID THIS TO ME!" creep into her head...and I was like >click< "you NAILED it!"

Thanks again!