Options

Online street and documentary photography class

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited June 1, 2013 in Street and Documentary
Now you have an opportunity to take a slightly modified version of the course I have been teaching for a dozen years at MIT (and for this past semester, my MIT students gave me a 6.7 rating, and the course a 6.5, on a scale of 1-7) - for far less money than MIT students pay, and in the comfort of your own home. Participants will attend class - online - one evening per week for 10 weeks, with classes varying between 1 and 2.5 hours each, depending upon the material being covered. The first week will include a brief introduction to the rich traditions of street and documentary photography, and every week after that students will have photo assignments - some simple, some complex, and we will review your photos and critique them the following week. Additionally, each student will pick a subject for a documentary project, and will complete the project over the course of the 'term.' Finally, each student will select a photographer from the book Magnum Contact Sheets, and will give a 12-15 minute presentation on that photographer.
052513_NYC_WORKSHOP.0158BW-M.jpg
The class will be taught using software that will allow all the students to see my computer desktop, and images, but we will not be seeing each other - so you can come to class in your pjs if you wish:rofl. I will give out a conference phone number, and you will all be on the phone, and we will be able to talk with each other that way.

The cost for the course is $799, payable by paypal or check prior to the start of the first class.

If you think you may be interested, contact me by email @ bd@bdcolenphoto.com
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed