Cassie

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited December 4, 2005 in People
A quick, unplanned shot for an employee function. How did I do?

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    Did pretty good I'd say :D I like it.. nice and clean, crisp, only slight thing I felt was that she was a bit "chopped" off at the neck.. or it may just be me. ne_nau.gif
    I the background distraced me a bit on the right..
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 3, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Did pretty good I'd say :D I like it.. nice and clean, crisp, only slight thing I felt was that she was a bit "chopped" off at the neck.. or it may just be me. ne_nau.gif
    I the background distraced me a bit on the right..
    Thanks Lynn. I would agree however I knew I would be cropping further for the intended use; almost like a year book, so everything besides her face wound up gone anyway.

Did I get the lighting right?
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Thanks Lynn. I would agree however I knew I would be cropping further for the intended use; almost like a year book, so everything besides her face wound up gone anyway.

Did I get the lighting right?
    I'm no expert by any means Angelo but to me the lighting is wonderful!clap.gif
  • leroysleroys Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    Hello Angelo, I like the lighting but what really draws me to this image is the apparent comfort level that you had with this subject. Portraiture is not an easy task for most. This photo has a great natural quality about it.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    Hi Angelo,
    I like the lighting and skin tones a lot. What are you using for light?

The only nit I have is that she seems to be looking slightly down. I would bring the camera up just a tad, to make it more level with her eyes. I could be wrong on this, but it just gave me that feeling. Is she, perhaps, a very tall person?

All in all, a very nice natural looking portrait. Good job.clap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited December 3, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I'm no expert by any means Angelo but to me the lighting is wonderful!clap.gif
    Thanks. :D
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    Gee can I work for Cassie !! blbl.gifrolleyes1.gifthumb.gif

You done good !!
    edited December 4, 2005
    leroys wrote:
    Hello Angelo, I like the lighting but what really draws me to this image is the apparent comfort level that you had with this subject. Portraiture is not an easy task for most. This photo has a great natural quality about it.
    Hey thanks Leroys - she's a natural, huh? And that smile!? Wow.
    edited December 4, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    Hi Angelo,
    I like the lighting and skin tones a lot. What are you using for light?

The only nit I have is that she seems to be looking slightly down. I would bring the camera up just a tad, to make it more level with her eyes. I could be wrong on this, but it just gave me that feeling. Is she, perhaps, a very tall person?

All in all, a very nice natural looking portrait. Good job.clap.gif
    Hey there Snappy - thanks for looking. Our offices are filled with natural light thanks to a series of skylights, and it was an overcast day so it was soft even light and I used my 600 on-board for a little fill flash.

Not sure about the looking down issue. I don't see it. But I appreciate the feedback.