Options

Eyes

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited June 13, 2013 in Wildlife
When you only have one, make it a good one. One-eyed screech owl shot at Bandelier National Monument, New Mexico.

i-smhcxcf-XL.jpg

i-j8r8SmL-XL.jpg

I just got back from a trip to the Santa Fe/Taos area of New Mexico. As a challenge to myself, I chose to leave the "serious" gear at home, and just carried my new Nikon Coolpix AW110. Folks, I gotta tell you, if you're considering a "tough" camera, this one has my wholehearted endorsement. I've owned Pentax and Canon "tough" cameras, and this one is head-and-shoulders IMO. I also shot some video on a whitewater excursion on the Rio Grande and was blown away. Yes, there are loads of limitations when compared to a DSLR, but that's why I left them at home. I was forced to "make do." :clap
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2013
    So used to seeing two eyes ... this is a little off-putting eek7.gif ... but mesmorising too.
    Your thread title is a little misleading ... maybe should be "EYE" unless you are counting the total number of eyes from both photos. :ivar
    The detail in the feathers is something else - superb clarity.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2013
    Not very! :D
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.