Chineese and Arabian Dancers...

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited December 5, 2005 in People
...from the Boston Ballet Nutcracker. I pawed though my proofsheets again and dug up two more images I really like. I think this is the best Arabian Daners of all the ones I got:

46883853-L.jpg

And I did turn out to have a pretty good one of the Chineese Dancers:

46883873-L.jpg

You can see all my finished shots of the Nutcracker here: http://rutt.smugmug.com/gallery/999326
If not now, when?

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    ...from the Boston Ballet Nutcracker. I pawed though my proofsheets again and dug up two more images I really like. I think this is the best Arabian Daners of all the ones I got:
    And I did turn out to have a pretty good one of the Chineese Dancers:
    You can see all my finished shots of the Nutcracker here: http://rutt.smugmug.com/gallery/999326
    Beautiful Rutt.. I looked through all your ballet shots and some of them made my broken ankle hurt again...
    All lovely.. congrats!clap.gif
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I looked through all your ballet shots and some of them made my broken ankle hurt again...

Thank you, Lynn.

Some of the things they are doing, well, it's just mind boggling. I went to an actual performance on Thursday night, no camera allowed this time and had to stay in my seat. To be honest, even though I knew what to look for and when, I couldn't see a lot of the moments the camera caught. I think there are two reasons for this:
    1. They do happen pretty fast, some of them, and
    2. More importantly, the Nutcracker stage settings and all are really very distracting. Even in Act II, there is always a lot going on.
    Now that I have seen the Nutcracker 3 times in the last 2 weeks, to be honest, I'm looking forward to some minimalist 20th century ballet. Balanchine, perhaps.
    If not now, when?
  • ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    These are awesome. I think these kind of pictures are so hard to take at least for tme they are. It's dark, they're moving and no flash! :uhoh