Options

Fargo Theater in Fargo, ND

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited June 20, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Finally took a walk though the Fargo Theater the other day. I'd not been in there since I was in high school. Since it was a stop I had not planned on making all shots were hand held and there's some editing I'd not normally do. The Fargo Theater still has a Wurlitzer Pipe Organ that rises from the floor, is listed on the National Register of Historical Places and was built in 1926.

1 --

i-tC4mhTt-XL.jpg

2 --

i-mNrTxkS-XL.jpg

3 --

i-RV9zCkw-XL.jpg

4 --

i-LGPLm9S-XL.jpg

5 --

i-6WvNb5b-XL.jpg

6 --

i-5Z4jWCX-XL.jpg

7 --

i-WXHWDPP-XL.jpg

8 -- And if anyone saw the movie 'Fargo' -- you'll remember who this is :D

i-w2J3XJs-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2013
    DYNAMITE !!! It's a really beautiful series, Mary, and wonderfully executed. Interesting scenes, good composition.....but then, heck, this is the kind of stuff you've spoiled us with many times before. Outstanding. clap.gif

BTW..." Fargo " is one of my all-time favorites.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2013
    Howdy Mary,

Really a neat series and looked like a neat walk through.

The Last one is my Favorite, but they're all very well done.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2013
    DYNAMITE !!! It's a really beautiful series, Mary, and wonderfully executed. Interesting scenes, good composition.....but then, heck, this is the kind of stuff you've spoiled us with many times before. Outstanding. clap.gif

BTW..." Fargo " is one of my all-time favorites.

Tom

Thank you for the kind words Tom. I'll admit just taking my camera out to shoot in there made me a little nervous, but after a while I was enjoying shooting again.

I too like the movie Fargo :D
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2013
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Really a neat series and looked like a neat walk through.

The Last one is my Favorite, but they're all very well done.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed these photos. It was fun being in there again after so many years. Hopefully John and I will find the time to enjoy an old movie there.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2013
    Wonderful series! I really like #1, 4, 5, 6, 7, although I think #7 would benefit from a crop to take the people out. Seems like a great place.
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Wonderful series! I really like #1, 4, 5, 6, 7, although I think #7 would benefit from a crop to take the people out. Seems like a great place.

Glad you liked the serious of photos Juano. I did think of cropping out the people in #7, but it was my brother and sister-in-law so I kept them in :D Good idea tho to crop them out.
  • Options
    WaskitheSquirrelWaskitheSquirrel Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2013
    Nice pictures! I'm in Fargo working for a few more days, so maybe I should try to get over there and at least see it. It looks interesting!
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2013
    Nice pictures! I'm in Fargo working for a few more days, so maybe I should try to get over there and at least see it. It looks interesting!

I think you would enjoy it. I hope you find the time to head over there. Post your photos too - we'd love to see them.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2013
    Nice series, Mary. Looks like a nice place and certainly offers lots of photo subjects. I like #5--it's a humorous subject and I like the way the light in the window echoes the neon light in the sign. My favorite is #1--it's an unusual perspective of a recognizeable subject that creates an abstract look. This was a fun series to browse through.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    Nice series, Mary. Looks like a nice place and certainly offers lots of photo subjects. I like #5--it's a humorous subject and I like the way the light in the window echoes the neon light in the sign. My favorite is #1--it's an unusual perspective of a recognizeable subject that creates an abstract look. This was a fun series to browse through.

Lauren

Hello Lauren ..

Glad you enjoyed the series. I was happy to hear you liked #5. My brother, his wife and my hubby thought I was crazy taking a photo of that. After I explained to them how old it was and it's something one doesn't see anymore they understood. #1 is my favorite too :D