Options

D300s, MB-D10, RRS L-Bracket

DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
edited July 8, 2013 in Nikon Land
The D300s body (54,305 clicks taken over 3 years - rated to 150,000) and MB-D10 Battery Grip are flawless, no marks, dings or scratches of any kind. The screen protector, the plastic piece that snaps on over the screen to protect it, has some minor scuffs from the camera bag. The screen itself is flawless. The white dots in the picture (#2) are dust.

The only small cosmetic scratch is on the RRS L-Bracket (see picture #5). It happened when I put the RRS mounting foot from my 70-200 in the furthest rear position when shooting family portraits one day. We were losing the light and I was in a hurry. I rotated the foot to the top position to get it out of the way and didn't pay attention to the fact that when mounted the goofy way I had it the foot was going to contact the L-Bracket when rotated (needless to say when you mount the lens foot correctly this doesn't happen). The camera was never dropped or banged against anything. It made me mad the whole rest of the day, but I digress...

There are two Nikon EN-EL3e batteries included - the one that came with the camera and another that I ordered on the same day as the camera. They read "0" when the battery info is read in the setup menu. I shoot mostly sports in a middle school and therefore was shooting AA batteries in the grip to get the frame rate up to 8 FPS. The NIkon batteries were just used for backup. (BTW, that is a great setup for star trails, time lapse etc., as you can have a Nikon battery in the camera and hot swap batteries out of the grip for all night shooting without interruption)

Included are all the original boxes, manuals, Nikon software CD, charger and cord, and original Nikon D300s camera strap (which I only used for about 2 weeks until my SmugMug PRO strap came.)

Additional photos available if desired.

Full Retail price:
Total: $2168.90

YOUR PRICE: $1100

I think you will find that this camera will bring a lot to your shooting experience due to its ability to customize nearly every button and function, professional build quality, weather sealing, buffer size, AF, rear focus button, and so on, and WITHOUT any of the nonsense handicaps imposed upon many recent Nikon DSLR's. I have certainly found it to be a great camera. :thumb I am the original owner and I can assure you that the camera has been well taken care of.

Nikon D300s page: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/microsite/d300s/en/
Specs: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/microsite/d300s/en/specifications/

1)
i-zjhBWJW-X2.jpg

2)
i-GLLHN5h-X2.jpg

3)
i-BrJ9QHf-X2.jpg

4)
i-w5fvHNK-X2.jpg

5)
i-jg3zsZN-X2.jpg

Sample shot from my latest project. The project was shot with this D300s.
i-BzStfWt-X2.jpg
Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com

Comments

• Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2013
    offtopic...nice shot. Is this a composite?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    Yeah it is a composite.

BTW these items are now sold.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com