Options

Coupon for free downloads?

PainterskipPainterskip Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited June 18, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've been thinking about ways to up sell when my clients visit my galleries. They are photos taken at a dance studio.
It seems to me that more than ever before, people are more likely to want to share digital images on FaceBook as opposed to buying a handful of 5x7s. But I don't really want them downloading the digital file to go make prints because I know that in most cases the quality will be bad.

So I'd like to reward those that DO purchase prints. So I was thinking of something like offering ten digital downloads of the smallest size for orders over something like $75.00 The digital downloads would be print marked while the prints will NOT be printmarked. So that means I have to create duplicate galleries, I think.

Back to my original idea...how to create a coupon or package for this? I have a feeling that it's not possible here.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 17, 2013
    Hi wave.gif

This is a pretty good idea. You may want to bounce it off your peers in the Mind Your Own Business forum and see how they'd handle it? Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do this. Packages can't include downloads. And while you can create and offer a coupon that covers the cost of the 10 downloads. You'd have to manage this manually. That is, you'd need to contact the customer after they place their order for $75 or more. And give them the coupon code. There's just no way to do this automatically, with coupons or packages, at this time.

The good news is that you should be able to offer printmarked downloads without setting Printmarks for the gallery. So no reason to have 2 galleries.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a wonderful evening :cavig
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    PainterskipPainterskip Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2013
    Hi wave.gif

This is a pretty good idea. You may want to bounce it off your peers in the Mind Your Own Business forum and see how they'd handle it? Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do this. Packages can't include downloads. And while you can create and offer a coupon that covers the cost of the 10 downloads. You'd have to manage this manually. That is, you'd need to contact the customer after they place their order for $75 or more. And give them the coupon code. There's just no way to do this automatically, with coupons or packages, at this time.

The good news is that you should be able to offer printmarked downloads without setting Printmarks for the gallery. So no reason to have 2 galleries.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a wonderful evening :cavig
    Steve

Hi, Steve. Thanks for the reply. Manual fullfillment is exactly what I don't want to do. I'm thinking it may be easier to create a new gallery that only allows digital downloads, and small ones at that. But that also seems a bit crazy:-)
    I posted where you suggested, so maybe someone will have a good idea over there. One that will be easy for me:-)