Street Musician

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited July 6, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 2, 2013
    I'm surprised this hasn't gotten any comments--must be the general slowness. That's one strung-out looking guy. His instrument has also seen better times. The sorrowful expression and posture remind me some of religious painting and sculpture, if you ignore the cigarette mwink.gif. Nicely captured. thumb.gif
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    I'm surprised this hasn't gotten any comments--must be the general slowness. That's one strung-out looking guy. His instrument has also seen better times. The sorrowful expression and posture remind me some of religious painting and sculpture, if you ignore the cigarette mwink.gif. Nicely captured. thumb.gif

Agree, and I for one forgot to comment when I first saw the image. The way the musician is leaning over the accordion is great.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    mayfly wrote: »
    Agree, and I for one forgot to comment when I first saw the image. The way the musician is leaning over the accordion is great.

Thank you guys! thumb.gifthumb
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2013
    I hadn't seen this, to me me it feels a bit posed. Did he know you were there? Great DOF and contrast.clap.gif
    edited July 2, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    I hadn't seen this, to me me it feels a bit posed. Did he know you were there? Great DOF and contrast.clap.gif

Thank you for interest Jauno. I am not sure what you mean by a little bit posed? The reason I made this image in the first place is because of his demeanor essentially he just plays and the cigarette just keeps burning and when the ashes get long and fall off he just keeps playing but he always seems to have a cigarette in his mouth. I recently moved into a 50mm lens from a 35mm and I was about 3 feet in front of him.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2013
    He looks legit to me... an odd character for sure.
    Reminds me of Igor (eye-gore) from Young Frankenstein. mwink.gif
    Good one!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited July 6, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    He looks legit to me... an odd character for sure.
    Reminds me of Igor (eye-gore) from Young Frankenstein. mwink.gif
    Good one!

Thank you Earache ! His eyes were strange always looking up as he played and a chain smoker.