Flamboyant

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited July 1, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited June 22, 2013
    Nice capture, but if you're going for flamboyance I think color might be a better choice--unless they were really ugly mwink.gif. I'd also consider cropping off the partial arm on the right edge. Nice use of DOF.
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2013
    I detect a bit of sarcasm in the title but really like the photo. Excellent job on the B/W and capturing her "expression" at the right time. Agree with Richard, crop a bit of the right to remove that distracting element and its a winner.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice capture, but if you're going for flamboyance I think color might be a better choice--unless they were really ugly mwink.gif. I'd also consider cropping off the partial arm on the right edge. Nice use of DOF.
    I detect a bit of sarcasm in the title but really like the photo. Excellent job on the B/W and capturing her "expression" at the right time. Agree with Richard, crop a bit of the right to remove that distracting element and its a winner.

Thank you both for the great feedback! A though I have to disagree on the crop firstly it is a street photo and it gives the image a sense of place it also keeps the viewers eye in the image but most importantly the inferring arm gives a base for the woman moving toward you like a train, without it she just floats.
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2013
    Interesting thought and I see your point. I think the background does plenty to give it a street location base, but a person on the right does serve to show she is one of many--or at least a few--walking down the street. I think just a bit more of body on the right would accomplish this, but the arm is almost not enough for me.

Thanks for replying, really made me look again and think. That is one thing I have enjoyed learning about some the of the really good street photography both on this site as well as some the masters--what appears to be totally random chance/framing rarely is. Learning to compose and balance rather than just capture is very cool. thumb.gif
  • mikevmikev Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2013
    Hi, I like the image and the expression. I don't like all the blur in the background, but that's a personal preference.
    edited June 24, 2013
    mikev wrote: »
    Hi, I like the image and the expression. I don't like all the blur in the background, but that's a personal preference.

Thank you! I am glad you like the image and welcome aboard.
  • DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2013
    I like the blur in the background. I don't usually care for a subject leaving the photo like that but this is an exception. it all just fits!
    edited July 1, 2013
    DonFischer wrote: »
    I like the blur in the background. I don't usually care for a subject leaving the photo like that but this is an exception. it all just fits!

Thank you for your comment I am glad you like it.