Options

My fun Friday.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited June 27, 2013 in People
Second time I had this young lady come it. Wants to be a model but it is a long road. Hope you like them. I'll post a few setups in that thread.

1. i-dWfpQqm-XL.jpg

2. i-rtbLKsD-XL.jpg

3. i-FBzcpQj-XL.jpg

4. i-zJRfkvT-XL.jpg

5. i-xt2drS5-XL.jpg

6. i-ckkNT2w-X2.jpg

7. i-hJfFSFG-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2013
    Number 7 how did you do the background?
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2013
    New white layer, create transparent layer, marquee oval with soft edge and gill with selected color, extract subject and place on new layer.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2013
    Beautiful set. It looks like she has what it takes.

While I have no objections to tattoos, if one wants to be a model / actor I think it's the dumbest short term decision you can make. You want a blank canvas. If you need a tattoo for a shoot, ya just put a temp on. On the other hand if your all tatted up ether the MUA and or the photographer needs to take care of it. Could be considered too much trouble and the photographer art director will go with the blank slate.

Sam
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2013
    I agree Sam but it's the child's brain talking.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 23, 2013
    Super work! I especially like the processing in #2. I think I'd prefer the last one without the oval. Great model. I think she's already ahead of many so-called models I've met. nod.gif
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2013
    #2 looks like she was having a blast. Im such a fan of your clean white backgrounds.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2013
    Really nice work--I especially like #2 and #6. I would love if someone could talk me through, in really simple terms, how to achieve that white background. I have Photoshop, but it's all been trial and error, mostly error, and I would love to learn how to do that.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2013
    I usually light my bkg equal to my subject or at times a tad brighter. I use an umbrella like light source to keep the foreground bright. (refer to the pullback thread) When using a softbox it doesn't seem to light the foreground as well. It even helps at times if you use a reflective surface on the floor such as a 4x8 sheet (or 2 sheets) of white plastic board found at Lowes or Home Depot. White roll paper works well but I use a white vinyl made by Dennys as I use it alot and get tired of paper tears.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2013
    Cool set!

I really love that first one except for one minor detail...

Them shoes bug the hell out of me. They just don't belong there.

Shoeless Joe Jackson had the right idea.:D
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2013
    It's campy, man, campy!!rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif