Shave and a haircut...

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited July 8, 2013 in Street and Documentary
DSCF2404-XL.jpg

Things seem to be kind of slow in the forum lately. Everyone busy shooting?
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2013
    Nice capture Ryan ! Yes it is deathly slow. How did you come about finding this was it some kind of event ?
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    Nice capture Ryan ! Yes it is deathly slow. How did you come about finding this was it some kind of event ?

Thank you, I am glad you like it. I think documentary and street photography are a specialized interest. It is hard to compete for eyeballs when there are bikini models in the people forum. :D I've recently come to believe photo collectives are the most effective way to gain audiences in the docu genre. Curated collections seem to do better. Multimedia helps as well. I have been experimenting with video.

This photograph was taken on May 27th 2013 during a re-enactment of civil war life at Camp Floyd State Park in Utah. I am about a month behind processing images. I have a vacation this week, so I hope to catch up a little.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 2, 2013
    Interesting shot. The tent made me think it might be a movie location set.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2013
    I love this! I have always had a thing for barber shops and I've never been able to get a good pic. Congrats!!clap.gifclap
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    Makes me think of a Clint movie at the end where he has a six-shooter pointed at the barber as insurance that he might not accidently slit his throat.
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    Thanks for looking guys. I'm glad you like it. Rainbow, this scene from High Plains Drifter (caution, language/violence)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fc36Hc2n2s