A hover, Caterpillar, I think and a video

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited July 10, 2013 in Holy Macro
EDIT: Brian has kindly informed me that it's a Larder beetle larvae, not a caterpillar - Destruction of further beetles will begin if I find any

http://www.pestservice.co.uk/larder-beetle/

Video link at the very bottom. Unable to embed into the forum from what I can see.

A Hover that was happy to land on my finger (yes my nails are a disgrace :D)

IMG_2757crop.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

This caterpillar (I think it's a caterpillar), I found scurrying around in our kitchen of all places. Must have hitched a ride in. I took it outside to take a couple of shots.

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

...not before trying something that proved to be exceptionally difficult. hand held macro video! I apologise for quite a lot of OOF points but there are a couple of brief in focus parts :) - The video is available up to 1080p if you select it via the settings cog.

http://youtu.be/VDRACPvzii0

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2013
  • RannithRannith Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2013
    Incredible footage Ian. You should enter it at Cannes. Whether in the Nature or Humour categories I am not sure.

What gear did you use for the video cap?

Rannith
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2013
    haha, Perhaps with the Benny hill music behind it Rannith? :)

I simply used my EOS 7D with the Canon 100mm F2.8L lens in video mode.
  • RannithRannith Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2013
    Very nice,

I have recently bought my first DSLR that has video capability. My previous one was just for stills. However I have not had a chance to play with it yet. The instruction book is almost an inch thick and available time is a rarity for me. Soon I will hopefully be able to produce something that is at least a pitiful ghost of this.

Rannith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD