Options

D4 focus acquisition problema

chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited July 5, 2013 in Cameras
I've had my D4 since April...went right to work with it and shot 16,000 images first weekend. Since then maybe 25.000 more; inside gym venues, outside football field venues and even a sailboat race while riding in one of the competitors. All settings have been consistent with minor iso variations. Last Sunday was shooting an outdoor activity, hooked to the 200-400 f4, and suddenly she wouldn't fire. Tried re-mounting the lens and that seemed to work, but only for a minute or two...same problem. Switched to my 70-200 VR and got the same problem...even with my 24-70. Condition is intermittent, re-boot camera, battery out/in, cards seated and reseated. Lucky I had my D800 to backup (man, it's SLOW...hahahaha...but good)...so, anyone ever experience this condition? No matter what, it's in to Nikon after the holiday, but maybe someone has some info/advice? - See more at: http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/1274/focus-acquisition-problem#sthash.RmLRpHeK.dpuf
Charlie Groh
(tin can tied to the bumper)

Comments

• Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2013
    Try cleaning your lens contacts with alcohol. They might be funky enough to give you issues.
  • Options
    chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2013
    Zerodog wrote: »
    Try cleaning your lens contacts with alcohol. They might be funky enough to give you issues.

Thanks for the response, Zerodog...I'm pretty red in der face, I had inadvertently pushed the "vertical shutter release lock" control to the "L" position whilst flipping the camera from landscape to portrait orientation. With my shutter release button locked-out, obviously all my intermittent conditions were met...finally had a little time to really look at the D4 and it took all of 2 minutes to figger it out! Sheesh...11doh.gif
    Charlie Groh
    (tin can tied to the bumper)
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,877 moderator
    edited July 5, 2013
    Glad you got it sorted out. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums