Options

Light meter & PW Flex readings

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited July 6, 2013 in Accessories
I bought the new CTL module for my sekonic L-358 to fire the TT5s on canon 580EXiis. Everything is controlled by the AC3 atop a Canon 5DMark3.

HERE's what I got and want to see if this is normal.

I can take a light reading from a speedlight by pressing the button on the flash meter and decide to bump up MORE or LESS light from the AC3 zone controller.

I take another light reading: The exposure is the same.

Not until I actullay FIRE the camera do the NEW light adjustments appear.

I take another light reading and I can detect on the flash meter the changes I dialed in.

This is how it works right? changes have to be transmitted through the TT1 to the tt5s.... (duh!).

thanks...

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2013
    Yep, that's how it works.

-P
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    I bought the new CTL module for my sekonic L-358 to fire the TT5s on canon 580EXiis. Everything is controlled by the AC3 atop a Canon 5DMark3.

HERE's what I got and want to see if this is normal.

I can take a light reading from a speedlight by pressing the button on the flash meter and decide to bump up MORE or LESS light from the AC3 zone controller.

I take another light reading: The exposure is the same.

Not until I actullay FIRE the camera do the NEW light adjustments appear.

I take another light reading and I can detect on the flash meter the changes I dialed in.

This is how it works right? changes have to be transmitted through the TT1 to the tt5s.... (duh!).

thanks...
  • Options
    vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2013
    Thanks..that is what I finally arrived at.

When I listened to MArk's video about this module for my Sekonic meters, he referred to it as the CTL, "control the light" module, I thought more INTO in that I needed.

I had the old module and had issues triggering the PWIIs for my studio lights.
    I haven't tried mixing them to watch them all fire at once but I wll and report back if it is a brainless worry-free process.

So thanks for your return response.

v.