Atlanta Amateur Hockey League

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited January 3, 2006 in Sports
I recently stumbled across the Atlanta Amateur Hockey League and naturally saw another opportunity for using my camera. This afternoon was my first chance to see these guys in action. They range in age from 25, or so, to 50ish.

These shots were made through some exceedingly dirty glass surrounding the ice rink and under marginal lighting which required shooting at ISO 3200.

47058668-L.jpg

47059881-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited December 5, 2005
    Kent,

These are really decent for ISO3200 shots thumb.gif Not that I was looking for noise, it's just that the higher the ISO the less contrast and color I see in my own pics. As I said, these look really nice for being shot @ ISO3200 clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    Kent,

These are really decent for ISO3200 shots thumb.gif Not that I was looking for noise, it's just that the higher the ISO the less contrast and color I see in my own pics. As I said, these look really nice for being shot @ ISO3200 clap.gif

Steve
    I was pleasantly surprised at how well these turned out. I shot them with my 20D on aperture priority and then tweaked the contrast and levels a bit.

As a test, I ran them through the freeware version of Noiseware. Unfortunately, that version of Noiseware deletes the EXIF information or I would have made that available. I guess I'll have to invest in a full version now.

The glass I was shooting through also dimished the color and contrast. A couple of shots taken from above the glass resulted in much cleaner colors and were sharper.

Thanks for the comments.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • goodcrnagoodcrna Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Through the looking glass....
    KMCC wrote:
    I recently stumbled across the Atlanta Amateur Hockey

These shots were made through some exceedingly dirty glass surrounding the ice rink and under marginal lighting which required shooting at ISO 3200.

Wow, I'm impressed. I've shot many hockey games for my boys and would never have tried shooting through the glass!ne_nau.gif

I'll try it sometime. You must have "pre" cleaned a few spots, your pictures look great.

Greg