Options

More corporate shooting and retouching

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited July 10, 2013 in People
Here's a couple from this weekend and would love to here your comments on them.

DSC_3498-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_3528-Edit-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited July 7, 2013
    The first looks "tight" and the second, more "relaxed"-I think it's the better of the two. I'd like to see a bit more light in the shadow of her neck/face camera left (or maybe a bit of adjustment).
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2013
    It may be because I'm a bit of a "traditionalist", but neither pose says, "Business Professional" to me.

Like the lighting and the retouching looks just dandy.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited July 7, 2013
    It may be because I'm a bit of a "traditionalist", but neither pose says, "Business Professional" to me.

Like the lighting and the retouching looks just dandy.

I think a lot of how the image looks depends on what the client wants or has existing. One of my former employers wanted some newly minted exec portraits and when I suggested a better and more consistent style, they declined because of the time required (not mine; theirs).
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    The lighting in the first shot really slims her face nicely as opposed to the second shot where you made it broader with your lighting. First one she seems to be sitting flat on her bottom and the second one she seems to be leaning forward and that is masculine and seems to show her width more. Get females to sit more on the rear cheek to get a feminine lean. A darker bkg would bring her face out more. Overall some nice work just needs a few adjustments.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2013
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes it isn't what I would think of as a traditional business portrait either. Charles, thanks for the posing tips. I've been reading a lot about it and studying others work. I think I need LOTS of practice at this. It seems that when I'm shooting I forget what I've learned. I need to spend a couple of months assisting for you and Bryce to help me along :D. I'll work for free!