Options

Composite Question

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited July 8, 2013 in People
This was a shot that the "disco" background was added after the fact.

Questions:

A. Do you think it look realistic?

B. Should I bother taking the reflections out of the sunglasses or will it pass "as is"?

9236897076_71d123a631_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2013
    Loving this shot. I think the reflections in the glasses are contributing positively to the photo. The background is a maybe, it's a bit busy. If he likes it, then great, but it might be better to go back and get a shot for the bg that means something to him. I'm thinking the inside of a music studio with monitor speakers and a soundboard, but maybe I am just being stereotypical. Anyway, great job on the portrait.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    If you didn't ask the question, you would be asked if the background is real or added in. I think the OOF background makes it look natural, like you shot in a museum, arthouse etc and it was part of the background.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 8, 2013
    Love the portrait and great job on the background replacement. Not so sure on the reflection though which does look out of place. Maybe replace it with a transposition of some of the background, or a hot chick or two.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    I really like this shot, might bright the bkg down just a tad and the palm of the hand is a tad hot and competes with his face. Really outstanding job on this shot. I don't mind the reflection.