Options

Beach

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    the image has some interesting compositional and subject elements but not really working for me as it it really lacks a focal point. Also the tilt and the severe exposure gradient across the image is distracting.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    Quarik, Just wondering why, in this instance, the photograph itself can not be the focal point? Since, for you, the photo lacks a focal point what is the "tilt" and the "severe exposure gradient" distracting you from?
  • Options
    JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    Oh and Mikev, not sure what you were after here but I would probably not have chopped the leg and foot off the young lady at the bottom left nor the heads of the two people at the top but maybe I'm supposed to wonder. The tilt doesn't bother me and I think the gradient helps to direct my attention back up to where the people are. The people in the Documentary section may also be helpful to ya.
  • Options
    kshayskshays Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2013
    It may be just me, but I think the composition is a tad heavy on the left side. I would give it a slight "S" tonal curve to try and make it more striking and sharpen it some too.

I have to agree with Qarik.

Kevin