Options

The new LumoPro LP180 flash

photogreenphotogreen Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited July 15, 2013 in Accessories
I was part of the LumoPro beta program. (Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the company in any way). Now that the flash is released, I thought I'd share my in-depth review:
LumoPro LP180 Quad Sync Manual Flash

lumopro-lp180-front-angle.jpglumopro-lp180-back-angle.jpg
lumopro-lp180-body-side-angle.jpglumopro-lp180-lightstand-mount.jpg

Overall, I believe, this flash is pretty awesome. I particularly like the built-in light stand mount. To my taste, the design is pretty cool. The flash feels very solid. It's quite hefty. And compared to the LP160 (which I also have), LP180 is a very big step forward: 1/3-stop power adjustments, external power, better controls, more triggering options, catchlight card, wide-angle diffuser, USB port, 22 included color gels...

The filter slot is OK, but has limited use for my needs since it can be hard to use with light modifiers. Still cool though :)

Hope this is usefull info. Personally, I was looking forward to see what LumoPro folks come up with ;)

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,824 moderator
    edited July 8, 2013
    Thanks for posting your review.

Between the external high-voltage port, the 1/4" socket for optional mounting the flash on a lightstand/tripod (might also be used for mounting lightweight objects "on" the flash), 3 - electrical connections and 12 different optical slave settings, there's a lot to like in the specifications of this flash.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    photogreenphotogreen Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting your review.

Between the external high-voltage port, the 1/4" socket for optional mounting the flash on a lightstand/tripod (might also be used for mounting lightweight objects "on" the flash), 3 - electrical connections and 12 different optical slave settings, there's a lot to like in the specifications of this flash.

yeah. also, a USB port on a device always makes me feel more comfortable :D