Framed

puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
edited July 21, 2013 in Street and Documentary
Came upon this during a junk cull session.

pp

_MG_5026_zps45bc935d.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 11, 2013
    Nicely framed, indeed. I don't much care for the red band, which commands more attention than it deserves. I think you could crop it and still have (just) enough space at the bottom.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2013
    15524779-Ti.gif or just desaturate the red some or nearly.

thumb.gif
    Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2013
    Thanks guys - yes, you're right re the red - interesting really, because if it'd been something so obvious on my w/life stuff it most certainly would've been dealt with.

pp
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2013
    But then if it's "dealt with," it really ceases to be true "street photography," doesn't it, because it becomes a manipulated version of reality. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2013
    bdcolen wrote: »
    But then if it's "dealt with," it really ceases to be true "street photography," doesn't it, because it becomes a manipulated version of reality. ;-)

So cropping's unacceptable?

pp
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2013
    No, cropping to get an image within the original image is acceptable, though the goal is to crop with the viewfinder. (Cropping to get rid of a particular part of an image, and therefore create an illusion of reality is not acceptable - i.e., cropping out a person whose presence would cause the photo to tell the 'true story,' rather than the one an editor wants to tell.) What I am talking about is cloning out distracting elements to make it seem as though you took photo of a scene that really wasn't there. HOWEVER, I am not the Image Police. I'm just telling you what I think - the standards I apply in my classes and workshops. I have reasons for applying them, and I hardly am alone in adhering to them. But obviously you or anyone else can do any damn thing you are they care to do. :-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed