Options

DSS 133 Beach House wine redux

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited July 17, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had a brief chance to shoot the wine bottle and the dunes/beach house this AM. I am posting 3 new versions plus #2 from the previous post.

If any of the new shots appeal to you more than the old ones, let me know what grabs you.

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Old #2
ca%204252-1-M.jpg

New #1
Beach%20wine%20Jul142013-Adamczyk-3-M.jpg

New #2
Beach%20wine%20Jul142013-Adamczyk-7-1-M.jpg

New #3
Beach%20wine%20Jul142013-Adamczyk-7-2-M.jpg
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2013
    I'm torn between the old #2 and the new #2. Both are great. I do like the beach house in the background alot.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2013
    Gosh, I was thinking the same thing! I think I might give an edge to the new #2 though just because the beach house is in the background.

Nice execution of a good idea.

Sherry
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    Hmmm, I like old #2 and new #1. I like the grasses. They interact with the bottle, and the bottle doesn't look quite so "put" there.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2013
    For me, Old #2 works the best because of the way the gentle grasses look and can be seen through the bottle; plus I like the different points of blue color matching from the label, sky and bottle top. Also, since the bottle is unopened, the glass of wine added in the others doesn't quite add up. The only thing I might try to do (because this is a product challenge) would be to somehow emphasize the label a bit more. Makes me want to go and relax on the beach :) GP
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    I like Old #2 and New #3. The colors in Old #2 are gorgeous, but New #3 works better with the title/wine bottle brand since there is a beach house in the shot and the house reflects in the glass. (Opening the bottle would make more sense.)
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    jtrai491jtrai491 Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    Chris,

For me Old #2 works as is, it seems more inviting. Love the colors..

~Joe
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    Thanks everyone. I think I am going post the old #2 for many reasons. the biggest is because it feels so uncontrived to me. When I added the glass of wine, that pretty, upside-down image of the beach house in the wine glass became the focal point for me. It seemed to draw me away from the bottle of wine.

I hope you know how much I appreciate the discussion and feedback that you have offered here. For me, this is the most important part of playing in the challenges.

Joe, special thanks for making this your first Dgrin post!! I hope we get to see some of your work posted here. Welcome!
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.