Options

Cars Land w/ G-15

TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
edited July 20, 2013 in Journeys
I have a buddy at Canon and he has loaned me a G-15 to try out. I've had a G-9 and a G-12, both neat camera, but this G-15 blows me away. Just spent 4 days at Disney Resort in Anaheim, shooting only the G-15, and recorded nearly 1,600 images and videos. I'm torn between buying a G-15 and waiting for a G1-X that actually works.

IMG_0532-X2.jpg

The Imagineers reproduced the movie town of Radiator Springs down to the tiniest detail. I hadn't noticed these tail-light flowers in the original film.

IMG_0535-X2.jpg

Lots of character meet-n-greets. We saw Lightning McQueen, Mater, Red, and DJ. There's probably others. . . .

IMG_0972-X2.jpg

I love this image—it's got a real 60s vibe for me, for some reason. . . .

IMG_1104-X2.jpg

The crown jewel of Cars Land is the Radiator Springs Racers. It's the ideal Disney ride: scenery, serenity, scariness, and speed. The whole package.

IMG_1161-X2.jpg

Stanley

IMG_1578-X2.jpg

This dance show with DJ broke out right in front of us in a very crowded street; as a result, we had a front row perspective. I grabbed some nice video of this. The dancers were very well rehearsed, moving in near-perfect synchronicity.

IMG_1597-X2.jpg

If you visit Cars Land, do not miss sunset when they light up the neon, complete with the music from the film. If you're unfamiliar with the film, this is a major plot development.

IMG_1637-X2.jpg

Flo's V-8 Café, my favorite photo of the night.

IMG_1641-X2.jpg

The Cozy Cone Motel. This is where most of the character meet-n-greets take place, beneath a shaded awning with a great backdrop for Disney's photographers. It's impressive that they still allow their photo staff to take your picture with your camera on request.

IMG_2020-X2.jpg

My little boy had a great time and was completely disinterested in anything else that Disneyland or California Adventure had to offer: It was Cars Land or nothing.

IMG_0553-X2.jpg

Absolutely love this photo of Mom and the boy. The fill flash, facial expressions, and composition all come together in this image.

Here is a link to THE ride, also shot on the G-15.
"Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site

Comments

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2013
    Very nice. I'm finding similar results with Nikon's P7700. And, while neither is the newer larger sensor version of a point and shoot. What they do, they do well.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2013
    nice work. you will really treasure these 20 years from now.
  • Options
    TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Very nice. I'm finding similar results with Nikon's P7700. And, while neither is the newer larger sensor version of a point and shoot. What they do, they do well.

That's a great way to put it. I borrowed the G1X also, but the focusing speed and focusing distance were deal breakers for me. This picture quality is astonishing (IMHO) for the sensor size.
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    nice work. you will really treasure these 20 years from now.

That's my guiding principle for all my photos. I'm sure you're right.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited July 20, 2013
    Gotta like the Neon!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?