First raw and a J Maple (last leaves)

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited December 7, 2005 in Holy Macro
PP a raw pic was rather fun. Didn't print out what I was suppose to actually do in raw so muddled through. Nothing very exciting, but one of hubby's favorite conifers, Chief Joseph. Green in summer and gold in winter. The color will get more intense as winter progresses.

47081627-L.jpg

This is one of the Japanese maples..How it kept that one branch of leaves I have no clue. How I got that background I don't have a clue either. Did crop some but seems like it needs more? Or something. The background is right out of the camera not from PP..

47081704-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2005
    Hi Thusie
    Thusie wrote:
    PP a raw pic was rather fun. Didn't print out what I was suppose to actually do in raw so muddled through. Nothing very exciting, but one of hubby's favorite conifers, Chief Joseph. Green in summer and gold in winter. The color will get more intense as winter progresses.
    This is one of the Japanese maples..How it kept that one branch of leaves I have no clue. How I got that background I don't have a clue either. Did crop some but seems like it needs more? Or something. The background is right out of the camera not from PP..
    I remember the first time I attempted to post process a RAW shot, I had no idea what I was doing, and failing to understand stopped me from go any further.
    But that Mr Williams rolleyes1.gif who's first name shall remain namesless ......I'll tell them who you really some other time Andy okay mwink.gif

He just kept tell me to shoot RAW........so I did, and found a better program that was easier to understand, and I haven't looked back :D

Least if you stuff up the white balance you get to have another go at fixing it, and making a few adjustments before moving onto an editing program.

I'm just using Photoshop Elements 3, but I have access to Curves in another program........Curves can do wonders for some shot :D

Just experiment......those shots look fine to me...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    He just kept tell me to shoot RAW........so I did, and found a better program that was easier to understand, and I haven't looked back :D
    I'm just using Photoshop Elements 3, but I have access to Curves in another program........Curves can do wonders for some shot :D

Just experiment......those shots look fine to me...... Skippy (Australia)
    Couple questons..What raw program are you using? I use PSE3 too with ACR and what for Curves? I really want to shoot in Raw all the time.
    As always, thanks Skippy!