Couple of Hovers, Froghopper, Flowers and the most undignified death!

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited July 23, 2013 in Holy Macro
The almost daily hover.

IMG_3564.jpg

A different species of hover

IMG_3567.jpg

Curious Froghopper

IMG_3581.jpg

This shot was literally a random snapshot. I decided to change to F2.8 and go natural light just to see how the exposure would turn out. I was actually rather pleased with the result and I must admit, I love the colours. Can't remember what flower it is. To be honest, I can't remember half of the flowers in our garden haha

F2.8 / ISO 200 / 1/2500th
IMG_3543.jpg

Now these next two shots show what is quite possibly the most undignified death of a fly. I happened to notice it under a privet leaf and thought it's either sleeping or just hanging out so I took a quick shot. I thought it would have flown away at this point. Noticing it hadn't moved, I pulled off the leaves and inverted it. The fly did not move at all. I took the second shot below and gently touched the fly. It still didn't move. It had basically died with its proboscis stuck to the leaf. Kinda reminds me of the movie "Dumb and Dumber" with the ski lift scene

IMG_3623.jpg

I'm holding the leaves which I'd pulled off at this point. It did NOT move at all, not even when I gently pushed it with my finger afterwards.

IMG_3624.jpg

Comments