Options

Welcome to Round #134 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited August 5, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge is for all dgrin members.

It will run from Monday, July 22, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, August 5, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: Repeats

Create a piece of fine art with repeating patterns in an image.

Here are some examples:
glass0042JMM06-L.jpg

JMM_1034edit-L.jpg

JMMed0582-L.jpg

No editing restrictions!

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:
DSS #134 Entry Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be
fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method
(such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no
worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge RULES. Please note that there has been a rules wording change, so be sure you have re- read the rules!

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Joyce,
    Your challenge to us is to create a piece of fine art. Are you narrowing the intended interpretation of Repeat?
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2013
    Many times in fine art prints, you will see repeating patterns. So the answer to your question would be yes. ;)
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,954 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    I keep wanting to just do texture - like a gravel driveway or a brick walk. Which the brick could really be repeated, but ...
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    grandmaR wrote: »
    I keep wanting to just do texture - like a gravel driveway or a brick walk. Which the brick could really be repeated, but ...

Could be interesting with the right lighting. Give it a go and see what you can come up with!
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    It's cloudy today so I've gone with something that is a repeated form rather than these things which I see as mostly texture

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

Image4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2013
    You should start a new thread and post your images there so that you can get feed back for your images. I unfortunately have to stay neutral to all images and cannot give critiques or advice.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2013
    I've already made my decision for better or worse and posted it in the Challenge. Those were the rejects because I think those are possible as pieces of art but do not meet the criteria for repeating images. I love the photo of the stacked bricks, but it isn't a repeating image because the bricks are all kittywampus. The closest to a repeating image is the one of the porch floorboards in my opinion. (These are all pictures of my house BTW)
  • Options
    K10DK10D Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    K10d
    Hi Jag,
    I just posted my photo for the contest & it shows the modified time only. I posted the link to the only two composites I used & they show the date & time created & modified. Also the pic shows the time & date created in bridge. Don't know what else to do. Any suggestions or are the posted composites enough. Will be back on the road tomorrow & won't be able to change anything.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    K10D wrote: »
    Hi Jag,
    I just posted my photo for the contest & it shows the modified time only. I posted the link to the only two composites I used & they show the date & time created & modified. Also the pic shows the time & date created in bridge. Don't know what else to do. Any suggestions or are the posted composites enough. Will be back on the road tomorrow & won't be able to change anything.

Thanks

What I am seeing in the gallery is that your first one says please delete, and your second one does not say anything. Including your user name or title. I am sure if you put a link to the composite images will be fine as long as they have the created date on them. I hope you do go back in and make sure to add the information! Good luck!thumb.gif

EDIT: now that you have added the link. I have PM'ed you. I hope you get it before you leave!
  • Options
    annsvaannsva Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2013
    I'm new here so a bit confused where challenge images are posted? I only see the few above in this thread.
  • Options
    ShootingStarShootingStar Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    JAG wrote: »
    This challenge is for all dgrin members.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:
    DSS #134 Entry Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be
    fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method
    (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no
    worries!

Hi

Welcome!
    See extract from first post above. Click on the gallery link
    Instructions are also in the gallery abd Do not forget to edit the caption to have your Dgrin user name and title!!!!

Claire
    Nature can be so different around the world but it is always amazing!

Travel Blog English: http://www.zigzagonearth.com
    Travel Blog French: http://zigzagvoyages.fr
    Infoproduct Creation Blog : https://structurinfo.com