Options

How should I price this?

LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
edited July 26, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
A friend who does landscape construction approached me about taking shots of some of his landscape jobs through various stages of completion and at varies times of season so he could use them for his portfolio, brochours and other advertising.
What would be the best way to present a package price with a catalog of images?
Should I come up with a total price for the who job with X amount of images for him to choose or would it be best to charge each time I take shots with X amount of images each time?
D300s D90
Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    Yes.
  • Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2013
    yes, to what question?
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2013
    yes, to what question?

All of them.
    You are the only person that can know the answer.
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2013
    I can't answer the original question, but I have a different slant on it -- reserve rights to resell, and then find the (eventual) owner of those buildings and offer to them. As a homeowner, I'd love to have shots of my home in different stages of construction (we bought it when already mostly finished), that showed types of wall construction, positions of pipes, and all the other stuff difficult to figure out after the fact.

Then 10 years later go find the new owner and sell them again.

I've often wondered if there was a business to be made just driving around (careful of tresspass I guess) and shoot houses, especially spec houses, every week or so during construction and see if the new owners would want to buy the package, not as art, but information.

I would have.