Options

One reason for my long departure from dgrin

DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited July 31, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
I have a 17 month old child that keeps me pretty busy....

We had the opportunity to check out a 1931 Auburn Electric car. There were 7 of these built by the Auburn Automobile Company in 1931. Only 2 are known to exist today. This one belongs to the Grandson of E.L. Cord (Pres of AAC back in the day).

IMG_8660-L.jpg

IMG_8676-L.jpg

IMG_8693-L.jpg

IMG_8718-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2013
    fantastic shots
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2013
    Well, David, your daughter is reason enough to cause a shift in your priorities. I hope, though, that we'll be seeing more from you as time goes on.

The Auburn electric car is news to me....never knew it existed. Battery technology was primitive back in the 30's. Have you any info as to the makeup of the battery pack and what sort of range of operation this car had. Judging by the size and design of this car, it appears to have been a " fun " exercise....as opposed to one that made a serious attempt at developing this line of automotive propulsion.

Thanks for giving us a look at a really rare piece of automotive lore. Got any idea as to the value of this car?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Well, I'll be hanging out on dgrin when I can... now it's because of the "new" smugmug. I need help lol

I don't know much about the electric Auburn. This one belonged to E.L. Cord at one time. It now belongs to one of his Grandsons. A Club member in town is working on it getting it to run. I believe Auburn made these as kids cars for fun..... If I find more; I'll let you know. I don't know much about it other than Sophie loved it and didn't want to leave it.