Options

San Jose/Santa Clara County where to shoot without permit

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited August 2, 2013 in Location, Location, Location!
As I get my business going I just started scouting locations in my area. From what I have found, it appears that a permit needs to be purchased for portrait shoots in both San Jose and Santa Clara County parks. I would prefer to follow the rules and not run into difficulties during the shoot, unless the client wants to take the chance since I would be requiring them to foot the cost of the permit.

I'm building a list of locations to check out and would like to find interesting places to use for portraits shoots where a permit is not needed or if it is, then if it is either free or small fee such as < $20.

Any suggestions for locations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited August 2, 2013
    A lot of the really good locations require a permit. Just recently, a group of High School Prom goers wanted to take pictures with their own iPhones and were almost kicked out of Kelly Park for doing it. That is how ridiculous it can get. They paid to get in the park, got out of the limo and lined up when the ranger said "no photography. you have to leave.".

Not sure what the scoop is downtown but there are some great buildings and a park down center of the main drag.

If you're a professional, just build the cost of the permit into your fee. If you get a reputation for getting fined, that won't be good either.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?