My Christmas Tree Picture...

melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited December 7, 2005 in People
47246208-L.jpg

Size: 1436x2168 Bytes: 2250076 Aperture: f/11.0 ISO: 200 Focal Length: 22mm (guess: 52mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.8s (8/10)JPEG Quality:3Exposure Bias:0.33333333333333SensingMethod:One-chip color sensorColorSpace:sRGB
Missy Ü

Comments

• melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    I am shamelessly bumping this....

Can some of you give me some tips on taking tree pictures?

How would I get the best shots out of this tree with the 300D?
    Missy Ü
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    I am shamelessly bumping this....

Can some of you give me some tips on taking tree pictures?

How would I get the best shots out of this tree with the 300D?

Shoot raw, get a better white balance - this is very very warm - not horrible but you can get a better result with a raw shot, Missy thumb.gif

Best to you and your gorgeous family - looking forward to seeing Holiday pics of your kids!
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    Hey Andy! Good to see you! I have TONS Of questions for you. totally off topic but Im going to ask anyhow... first though-- RAW..

How do I do ? Laughing.gif
    I tried once and I don't remember how I did it Laughing.gif

Now-- my other question?

We're going to disney in florida. Dec 22-31st.

How do i take pictures of the Christmas lights? And the people etc. Whats the best setting?
    Missy Ü
  • AndymanAndyman Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    You have a beautiful tree, Melissa. I think so anyway. Is it real or fake? I like the windows in your house too because they're low - I like those kinda for some reason. Sorry that's kinda unrelated =p.

I think your photo is nearly perfect how it is. I really like the warmness, and as I said, your tree is pretty. The only thing I would fix would be your tree skirt (it looks sloppy) and maybe the composition. I don't like centered too much, but that may just be me; and I don't know what's to the left and right in the room.

Take some closeups too!
    Nikon D50
    Tamron AF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD
    Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical
    Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor
    Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
  • RobtRobt Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 7, 2005
    I'd go to Fla early to visit G' Ma, then I'd forget the tree. I'll bet we can find all the beautiful tree pix we want after we are in Fl and enjoying and the bars have all the people who are schooled in directing us.

If you really want to shoot then, Mix an adult drink of your choice, set it on the counter, get camera and shoot. Bracket around ASA100, F8, 1/125Sec. Go up at least 3 stops and down 4. Those lites are bright. Use a tripod and overlay as necessary. Get the adult drink of choice, enjoy. My intentions were to make sure you had way more information taken than you needed.

Merry (Oh my President, will I go to jail for saying it?) Christmas.