Options

Disappointed

Zoomer911Zoomer911 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited August 4, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
After all the hype about how beautiful the new Smugmug release will make our site and all the improvements
Smug mug still has the same crappy confusing checkout Really :(

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    They did say it's being worked on and coming. Of course no time frame or anything given yet.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    ZBlack wrote: »
    They did say it's being worked on and coming. Of course no time frame or anything given yet.

Yea we hard that when they raised our prices "we are working on it you will love it" well its been a year plus and I am not loving it

Really thinking about jumping ship
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited July 31, 2013
    What was released yesterday was a huge engineering effort. What they did was basically re-engineer and rebuild quite a bit of their product. To me, what SmugMug did is a lot like building a house-they built a solid foundation that will allow expansion in a meaningful way.

I'm not unhappy at all. In fact, I look at this as a great foundation for the future.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    What was released yesterday was a huge engineering effort. What they did was basically re-engineer and rebuild quite a bit of their product. To me, what SmugMug did is a lot like building a house-they built a solid foundation that will allow expansion in a meaningful way.

I'm not unhappy at all. In fact, I look at this as a great foundation for the future.

Then We agree to disagree

Consider the constant smug mug advertising on the Pro site not real good for a professional to have "Photo Sharing by SmugMug" all over their site Heck I try to sell my photography not share it
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    Zoomer911 wrote: »

Consider the constant smug mug advertising on the Pro site not real good for a professional to have "Photo Sharing by SmugMug" all over their site Heck I try to sell my photography not share it

You can turn that off. Go to the customize menu then choose settings from the green menu bar and turn off the header and footer. Your clients won't see that.

Also, I clicked on the link in your signature. Looks like your old site still so you haven't converted, just in preview mode right now.
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Zoomer911 wrote: »

You can remove the "photo sharing by Smugmug". Somebody posted it somewhere.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    McQMcQ Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    rknecht wrote: »
    you can remove the "photo sharing by smugmug". Somebody posted it somewhere.

here it is:
    aschendel wrote: »
    add this to your theme's advanced css:
    .sm-page-powered-by a
    {
      display: None;
    }

although you'll lose the login link as well... Working on that now.

Edit - posted a reply below that should leave the login link.

A.s.
    "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you?"

http://mcq.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    You can turn that off. Go to the customize menu then choose settings from the green menu bar and turn off the header and footer. Your clients won't see that.

Also, I clicked on the link in your signature. Looks like your old site still so you haven't converted, just in preview mode right now.

You are correct I have not unveiled yet Still waiting for a work around for client login that I used
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    McQ wrote: »
    here it is:

Thanks

Still not liking this change but that you for the info
  • Options
    TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    [snip] To me, what SmugMug did is a lot like building a house-they built a solid foundation that will allow expansion in a meaningful way.
    [snip]

People don't move into foundations. In fact, moving your customer base from an old house with doors and windows that work to an unfinished set of foundations with doors that don't lock and no bathrooms is stupid.

The whole New Smugmug is unfinished, lacking in functionality and has at least a few major bugs. It's also built in such a way to remove functionality a lot of people rely on with no possibility of implementing simialr functionality.

I used to love Smugmug. Now I can't wait to find an alternative, and I'll be telling everyone I know that I left because SM was prepared to throw existing customers under the bus and give no sensible migration path.

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    TalkieT wrote: »
    People don't move into foundations. In fact, moving your customer base from an old house with doors and windows that work to an unfinished set of foundations with doors that don't lock and no bathrooms is stupid.

The whole New Smugmug is unfinished, lacking in functionality and has at least a few major bugs. It's also built in such a way to remove functionality a lot of people rely on with no possibility of implementing simialr functionality.

I used to love Smugmug. Now I can't wait to find an alternative, and I'll be telling everyone I know that I left because SM was prepared to throw existing customers under the bus and give no sensible migration path.

Cheers - N

I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I found the new design to be solid and finished. Waiting for my own personalization so to speak. Are the bugs? Sure. What house is built without a punch list?

I've been with SmugMug since 2003ish and I cannot tell you how satisfied I am with what's been released. Has it been easy for me to migrate over? I might have spent 10 or 15 minutes configuring stuff. This compares to hours with the old version-in fact, I'd considered hiring one of the customizers to do something for me. It's kind of funny but I've probably spent a few hours here and there looking at how the "new" site works-and I don't mind trying out new stuff either-so if I find something better, it's in play right away.

I cannot disagree that some functionality has been lost nor can I deny there are not bugs. However, I've seen a commitment from SmugMug to fixing the bugs and to consider ways to add some things back. I've seen that from Baldy as well as many of the Heroes supporting folks in the various threads. I like that.

I definitely don't feel thrown under the bus. Not by any stretch.
  • Options
    jtfotojtfoto Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    TalkieT wrote: »

Cheers - N

I wish I had said this first. I totally agree.

I have already started to migrate to another site where the site can be as I want it, not what smugmug want's it to be.

It's a shame as I put too many hours into getting my site exactly the way I wanted.
    Now I would have to spend more time to get a site that in my opinion looks like rubbish.

And they also have the nerve to double my annual fee.

Goodbye Smugmug