Options

EXIF Viewer and GPS Settings

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited September 8, 2013 in Digital Darkroom
I got a new P&S with GPS built in. It is very cool, but I don't have easy access to the exif data and the GPS coordinates.

Is there an easy process to see, view, and use the data?

There are lots of free EXIF viewers on the internet, but can someone recommend one and some idea of processing steps?
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited September 6, 2013
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 7, 2013
    There are lots of options depending on your workflow and what tools you use. Do you use Lightroom? The Map view rocks for viewing geo information. Opanda is a good standalone program for viewing EXIF. Or you can use a browser plugin. You can copy the coordinates from the EXIF info and paste them into a google maps search. Even MS Windows Explorer can show you EXIF details. Go to Properties, Details.
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2013
    To answer my own questions, I am using Jeffery's EXIF viewer as a plug in. It still works after you upload to smugmug as well and you get traceable data like this:

I did look at Opanda, I will have to study it more, thanks.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.