Options

New Smugmug How to ?'s

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited August 7, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm LOVING the potential of the new smugmug but running into a few brick walls I'm hoping someone can answer.
  1. WUFOO: How do I add my wufoo contact form to the new smugmug?
  2. LAYERING CONTENT: On my legacy site you'll notice I have my logo & nav menu layered on top on a gray bar. I've tried adding a seperator, etc but can't seem to achieve this look. How do I do this now?
    Also: In legacy smugmug we could have a box with colored background, frames, etc containing both a slideshow & a paragraph or block of text or other fixed images… How can I do this now?
  3. Fonts: In new smugmug we're only allowed to pick a heading font & body font… however smugmugs chosen heading & body area's do NOT match what I consider to be heading &/or body type areas so it's presenting a problem not being able to specify which font I want showing up in each specific place. For example I want my Navigation main bar to be my heading font & the drop downs to use the body font. I want my breadcrumb to use the simpler selected body font (not the heading font). While I agree with only using a couple fonts I need the simple ability to use whichever one specify in each area so I hope smugmug adds this later but in the meantime how can I change it where it needs to change?

Thank You,
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 1, 2013
    Bumping for answers please…
    Cindy wrote: »
    I'm LOVING the potential of the new smugmug but running into a few brick walls I'm hoping someone can answer.
    2. LAYERING CONTENT: On my legacy site you'll notice I have my logo & nav menu layered on top on a gray bar. I've tried adding a seperator, etc but can't seem to achieve this look. How do I do this now?
      Also: In legacy smugmug we could have a box with colored background, frames, etc containing both a slideshow & a paragraph or block of text or other fixed images… How can I do this now?
    3. Fonts: In new smugmug we're only allowed to pick a heading font & body font… however smugmugs chosen heading & body area's do NOT match what I consider to be heading &/or body type areas so it's presenting a problem not being able to specify which font I want showing up in each specific place. For example I want my Navigation main bar to be my heading font & the drop downs to use the body font. I want my breadcrumb to use the simpler selected body font (not the heading font). While I agree with only using a couple fonts I need the simple ability to use whichever one specify in each area so I hope smugmug adds this later but in the meantime how can I change it where it needs to change?

Thank You,

Just listened to one of the webinars but still have these ?'s I'm hoping for answers to.
  • Options
    RichmondImageRichmondImage Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    Cindy, if you search these forums I think you will find a good many of the answers you are looking for.
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=236807

If you look into how I worked around this problem, you should find the font settings in the same theme layout settings section that I describe transparent boxes. As far as the first one goes, i really have no idea
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    1. WUFOO:
    2. LAYERING CONTENT:
    3. Fonts:

No direct Wufoo yet, but this is the solution that works best (for me).
    Layering: This is a hard one that I cannot find a solution for.
    Fonts: If you go into your theme you have some options, but they are very limited. It's one of those nice things that didn't make the transition from the old to the new.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2013
    I've been watching dgrin like a hawk ever since the new smugmug went live - Laughing.gif! Ugghhhh! Should I laugh or cry? I'm not even sure anymore. I had such high hopes but darn these brick walls are giving me a MASSIVE HEADACHE. :-(
    I think what we really need from smugmug right now is an updated FAQ containing the proper CSS codes to move over what we had? *HINT*HINT*
    I'm not at all liking the WUFOO work arounds… :-( SMUGMUG WE NEED THIS BACK.
    I read the transparent box options about using the extra side bars… this won't work. I'm trying to figure out the proper CSS code to make it work but yikes this is not going well.
    Fonts: Another area if I just knew the CSS codes to change it I'd be done already… better yet if smugmug would have given us the option to specify which fonts we wanted used where.
    I'm not giving up but whoa… I think it's time I stepped away for a while… Time to go focus on pretty pictures if I can drag my obsessive self away… I hate leaving this undone :(
  • Options
    ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    We want WUFOO!!!
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2013
    Shamguess wrote: »
    We want WUFOO!!!

Chant Chant ~ WE WANT WUFOO, WE WANT WUFOO ~ :-)
  • Options
    dipphotodipphoto Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    what is WUFOO? lol
    Aaron Wilson
    http://www.dipphoto.com
    :D Advance thank you to you!!
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    dipphoto wrote: »
    what is WUFOO? lol

Wufoo is who many of us used to create custom contact forms to use within our smugmug sites… that no longer works.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Still hoping for answers…

Ref #1 above) I was about to update this post with the recent wufoo hack but just learned it's been disabled :cry
    Ref #2 above) I figured out how to add the gray block showing on my legacy site but cannot position it 'behind' the logo and navbar… Still looking for answers?
    Ref #3 above) Is there still no way to address specific text areas (nav bar top & drops) to change the font type & size?

I've been watching relentlessly for these answers but haven't found them anywhere so forgive me if I've missed them & please direct me.

Thank You,
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    PS: How can I get this thread moved to the 'New Smugmug Customizations Thread'?