Options

Profile in left sidebar

PhilGilPhilGil Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited August 24, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Really like the site redesign, looks very clean and modern. I do have one question about layout, though.

I noticed that some of the custom designs have the photographer profile in the sidebar. I know that the pre-built designs aren't available to us lowly basic subscribers, but is it still possible to put my profile in the left sidebar? I can activate the sidebar but I can't drag my profile block into it.

Am I missing something or is this a pro-only feature? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    friedeggbanjofriedeggbanjo Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2013
    That could the same issue I have affecting you where I can't seem to be able to drag and drop anything at all.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    That could the same issue I have affecting you where I can't seem to be able to drag and drop anything at all.
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye on your drag and drop thread.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    Thanks everyone, looks like it's sorted now. Still don't know what I was doing wrong before.
  • Options
    vickiegrayvickiegray Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 22, 2013
    Link to profile in left nav bar
    Hi folks, i have a small question. I'd like to include a LINK to my profile at the bottom of the left hand nav menu. If I try to drag and drop the entire profile appears and looks terrible. i know it's a simply task but it escapes me at the moment. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    vickiegray wrote: »
    Hi folks, i have a small question. I'd like to include a LINK to my profile at the bottom of the left hand nav menu. If I try to drag and drop the entire profile appears and looks terrible. i know it's a simply task but it escapes me at the moment. Any suggestions?

What Profile do you want to link to? Do you have an About Me page already created? If so you can easily link to that from an HTML content block...

Andy
  • Options
    vickiegrayvickiegray Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 24, 2013
    I am trying to link to the profile I created under My Account. Alternately, I created an About Me page and was able to add a link to that page in the nav menu. In Preview mode it looks perfect, but when I publish neither the photo nor the text appears. I am mystified.