How to change text color in a text box?

GaryBakkerGaryBakker Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
edited August 1, 2013 in SmugMug Support
The thread title pretty much says it all.

I added a text box on my home page (new SM). Via the toolkit I can change the size and bold it, but I can't choose a different color.

Do I have to use html? Or CSS? If so, where do I put the code?

Thanks,
Gary
SmugMug site => The Bakker Chautauqua
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." (Einstein)

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2013
    The ability to change colors in the text content block is currently under development.

until then, you can use the html block to create colored text by wrapping it like so:
    This text will be <span style="color: red;">red</span>

Pedal faster
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    bwg wrote: »
    The ability to change colors in the text content block is currently under development.

until then, you can use the html block to create colored text by wrapping it like so:
    This text will be <span style="color: red;">red</span>

I'm not code savvy...I need to make my text white. How and where do I wrap it?
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • GaryBakkerGaryBakker Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Weird. When I add the html content to color the text, it physically shifts the text box.

I removed the html and I'll try again tomorrow.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." (Einstein)
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    GaryBakker wrote: »
    Weird. When I add the html content to color the text, it physically shifts the text box.

I removed the html and I'll try again tomorrow.

I did it in notepad and didn't have any issues.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • GaryBakkerGaryBakker Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    GaryBakker wrote: »
    My problem was that I was adding the html "in line" with the text like in captions. That didn't work.

Then I correctly added the html content box with only the html (stupidly thinking it would work like CSS), but left the original text box. That didn't work.

Then I finally realized that I simply had to put all the html, plus the text I wanted into the html container, and delete the text container altogether.

Works fine now.