First time post of pics

DigitalAirmanDigitalAirman Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited January 24, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is the first time that I have posted pics on this site, feel free to critique, just remember that I just got the camera a few days ago and I and brand new to digital photography.f9d97c14.jpg

This is a picture of a wooded area on Pope Air Force Base, in North Carolina, it just caught my eye.

f9d97c0d.jpg

This is the steeple (sp?) on the chapel here at Pope AFB, it too caught my eye.

f9d97c0a.jpg

And last but not least, this is my Dorm building, I liked the angle, but then again I am a beginner, feel free to let me know what ya'll think. I am open to interpretation.

Parker

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2004
    I too like the angle on the dorm. I'd think about putting the steeple on the right or left third of the screen... more dynamic. And did you mean for it to be backlit, or did it just work out that way?

The trees are pretty cool. Might be even cooler under different lighting conditions: say, when it's foggy, or at sun-up or sundown, whichever creates the better shadows and lighting. I've seen some wicked shots of trees... the basic difference between them seems to be the lighting. Actually, that's one thing I'm trying to learn right now -- it doesn't matter how good is the composition of the shot, if you haven't picked a time to shoot when the lighting makes it more interesting.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DigitalAirmanDigitalAirman Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2004
    Ok, thanks Sid, I appreciate that. Yeah, that shot of the trees was taken at about 3:30 in the afternoon. I was facing north when I took it, so yeah at sunrise and sunset, it should be a very different shot. I will definately check that out. And the backlighting of the steeple just happened that way, it was taken just after sundown, at about 5:30, so again that shot would probably be different at different times of the day as well.

Parker