Options

Navigation Issue

2»

Comments

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    Eh... that explains their design philosophy but it's flawed. You have to have a folder full of folders for the breadcrumb to show up? That's somewhat illogical...besides, it's contrary to what a breadcrumb should be.

I'd love to ditch the stupid "house" icon too but... one thing at a time.

BTW, I did actually pull the trigger and unveil my site. Love the look and it seems much faster than my old site. I'd love a carousel slideshow, but I'm happy with what I've got so far. My next job will be getting rid of the watermarks on the thumbnails, but I can handle that.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Charles did you find 'organize'? When you are not editing your site, it is the link directly to the left of 'customize'
    Yes, thanks for that info. It worked fine and I'm beginning to like this version. But, yikes it looks like I've been lost in SM land for four days! We last exchanged posts on Aug 2 -now the 6th. Part of the blame is yours, of course. Because of your site. I am quite taken by your work. You don't have a contact link so I will just tell you here: you are producing some brilliant work. I like too much to discuss it here. I'm sure you could submit to NatGeographic
    Best
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    grosloulougrosloulou Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Well, thanks to a Hero, I learned what the problem was. Apparently, the "browse" page is NOT a folder and therefore will NOT show up in the breadcrumbs. So, I had to create a new folder and drag all of my folders into that. I simply named the new folder galleries. Now I can fully navigate, via breadcrumbs, my site. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel after all.

you are right
    i explained this here :
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1889915#post1889915
    in my case i have a gallery folder for best images to show and a events folder which contains all my holidays, parties,... galleries

best regards
    marc
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Yes, thanks for that info. It worked fine and I'm beginning to like this version. But, yikes it looks like I've been lost in SM land for four days! We last exchanged posts on Aug 2 -now the 6th. Part of the blame is yours, of course. Because of your site. I am quite taken by your work. You don't have a contact link so I will just tell you here: you are producing some brilliant work. I like too much to discuss it here. I'm sure you could submit to NatGeographic
    Best

Haahaa - I have been lost in here since last Tuesday when they launched the new look, so I know what you mean.

Thank you for your very kind compliments about my work. I would love to be able to submit to them, but it seems the process is very difficult, but thanks again.